We welcome the submission of book proposals that include a completed PULP application form.
Manuscripts should conform to the PULP style guidelines.
- Authors retain copyright.
- PULP believes in open access publishing, all books are made available on the PULP website under the CC BY licence. Books are also available in printed format at a cost to the purchaser via a "print-on-demand" basis.
- Choosing to publish open access does not eliminate your copyrights, but due to the open nature and wide dissemination, makes it more likely that your work will be reused and/or cited.
- Publications are submitted to an international body of advisors for preliminary approval to publish the title, the ultimate approval only happens upon receipt of favourable reviews.
- PULP relies on an independent, blind peer-review process, which includes at least 2 external reviewers, to uphold the quality and validity of monograph manuscripts and chapters in edited works.
- PULP will only consider doctoral theses once they have already been adapted to book form (eg ‘in this thesis I…’) etc taken out and the structure adapted. A copy of the examiner’s reports needs to be submitted together with the manuscript and application.
- PULP does not require, but does prefer some contribution to the publishing costs involved, ie. language and style-editing @ZAR95-00 per page. If authors and/or editors receive external funding for their publication, PULP is prepared to add the institution's logo somewhere on the eventual published manuscript.